
We are in lovely Trinidad! Liam is working with BP this week in Trinidad so I've come along with him to see the country. It is a beautiful small country. The people are so friendly and actually very beautiful too. The down side is everything is expensive and there is a lot of crime. I'm told over and over again not to walk alone.
While Liam's been working I've been checking everything out. I hired a driver for two days and met two other women (one from Atlanta and the other from Ireland) and we toured around together. We went to the Pitch Lake, a tour in the swamps to see wildlife, an amazing beach called Maracas, visited a beautiful Hindu temple, and had lovely picnics and amazing drives from coast to coast. When Liam gets off work he meets me for a sunset drink and then we just go to dinner. But we did stop and hear a steal drum band practicing for Carnaval! It was a huge band and sounded like and orchestra!
WE ARE WAITING??? OH REALLY??? THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW!!!!
Waiting period begins in Colorado. Today I spoke to the Colorado adoption agency and they have everything they need from us and we have been told that we now just need to wait. I have to say this is pretty anticlimactic!! We submitted the huge application, our home study, our dear birth mom books, and the check over a week ago but I had not heard anything from them. It was making feel like what the heck!! nothing is happening!! I called them today from skype and asked "have you received everything from our home study? Is there anything missing?? What do we do next???" The adoption agency says, "yes we have everything and no, there is nothing for you to do. Now you wait for a match." I was like "so you don't call to tell me anything?? This is it?? We just wait in silence??" (I didn't say that to her but that is what I was feeling.) So after all the anticipation of what happens when you get to the 'waiting period' - all there is is silence - you wait. I feel like they should say "You are GREAT!, You are finished and we are excited to be working with you! Let's talk again! Here is what happens next!" But nothing at all not even a call to say "hi we've received everything and you are all set." Nope, nothing. It's worse than ordering something from online! At least when you order something you get an email confirmation, and an approximate delivery date!
We received silence....shhhh... now you just wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment