Monday, January 4, 2010

Still working on our birth mom book

This is taking so much more time than I thought. Liam and I both thought "no problem, we can whip this thing together in no time!" Well.... ah.... no...I mean how do you really tell a birth mom the most important things about you in just a few words and pictures? Right now we have 21 pages and I think I'm only 3/4 of the way done. Then Liam needs to put his thoughts into it. This is a true test.
Oh we received our home study report over the weekend! Ha it made us laugh to see in my section that I was raised to be a "lady" - and she did put that in quotes. Hmm... And I noticed there was more said about Liam in general and a lot more beautiful descriptive word about him too. Really not a lot about me. Liam has to keep up the good work of making us look like we'll be good parents!
We find out today if the Kansas adoption agency will work with us since they say they require at least 1 year of marriage.

Then I begin to look for a new job!