Friday, January 15, 2010

Colorado is First!

So this week we finished the 40 page detailed application and sent it out to Adoption Choices of Colorado. It was a big step! When I went to the post office the little old man who works there said to me "So, you're adopting?" He's never even looked at me before. He smiled and said his niece and nephew were adopted. Funny. And there it went off to Colorado. We are on our way.
I just called today (Friday) though, and they have not received the huge application yet.....eeeekkkk. They better get it soon. It's making me crazy. I just want to get this going.

We decided to start with Colorado because they didn't have a problem with the fact that Liam and I have not been married for a year yet and Kansas did. So once Colorado has us just "waiting" we'll send Kansas their shorter application and books. Maybe by the first week of Feb. Not sure.

Liam will now send our birth mom book into production and send a few to Colorado. They told us they have a lot of "activity" right now..... let's go, let's go, let's go!!!!

Everything takes sooo long to do these days and I'm trying not to fight it.
Even putting in an offer to buy a house in Vermont! Heck, we decided back in the end of Nov that we would put in an offer and STILL we are in that process too. We actually put in the offer yesterday! We'll see how this works out. I want to put it all out there and not force anything during this very emotional time (maybe year) for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment