Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It's so quiet

It's very strange to think we are adopting an infant. We want to plan the details of welcoming a baby into our home but at the same time it doesn't feel real. We feel nothing. I'm not pregnant so I don't feel tired, angry, sad, big... we can't feel a baby move... we don't get to have ultrasounds proving to us we are having a baby. Instead I feel fine, I have energy, I'm happy, I'm rowing and coaching, drinking wine.... hmmm we are just having normal, good times together. It's so quiet on the outside.

Next. We are thinking of going through the DSS (foster kids) for infants as well. We just learned that there are more infants than usual right now available in MA, so we thought we'd put in our application for the state as well. One of my friends adopted a child from the state and apparently it's a much easier application process and god knows we have EVERYTHING they could want about us. So that's an update for you! We'll see. It's just another option for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment