Friday, October 15, 2010

Keep on Moving

What to do. After a few months of freezing up, I'm on my way again. We've decided to add "adoption through foster care" into our adoption mix. The state says you cannot do both state and private adoption nor "trying" all at the same time! It seem unfair and it really seems like it's only our business on how we decide to build our family. I don't get it. But we are doing private and state adoption mix. The further this process goes on the more frustrating it becomes. Not the waiting but the "black market" approach the adoption industry has. I don't want to be negative but it's true. On the other side I know there is a baby/child out there who is right for us - I'm just a bit overwhelmed.
So now I move on to checking into a third agency to work with AND to start marketing us. Maybe Utah has a right agency for us. Note about Kansas agency - They are really great. No child yet but they are really great to work with so far. The Colorado agency not so much. Actually not at all. They say they haven't been showing us because our "budget" is too low. I told them it's the budget they advertise and they said it's still too low. So I upped it just a bit to see if we would get shown and still "our budget is too low" I do not want to work with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment